Wounds can occur for a variety of reasons, from post-surgery complications to normal skin aging.
We provide quality wound care with goals focused on wound healing and prevention of skin care complications. Our mission is to help patients achieve positive outcomes, regain function and safely return home as quickly as their recovery allows.
The interdisciplinary wound care team includes physical, occupational and speech therapists, registered dietitians and registered nurses.
Conditions and Services
We treat a variety of conditions and provide an array of services including, but not limited to:
- Pressure ulcers
- Diabetic/neuropathic wounds
- Venous insufficiency ulcers
- Arterial insufficiency ulcers
- Post-surgical wounds, grafts and flaps
- Infected and/or draining wounds requiring IV antibiotics
- Wounds requiring frequent dressing changes
- Post-traumatic wounds
Through our wound care services, patients have access to the following:
- Physical, occupational and speech therapy available up to seven days a week
- Progressive exercise regimen tailored to each patient’s needs and abilities
- Patient and family education on wound healing and prevention, including specific diabetic education
- Healthy lifestyle programs such as nutrition education, smoking cessation, stress and weight reduction
- Completion of functional and nutritional assessments
- Use of special mattresses and bed surfaces
- Ability to reserve a room prior to surgery through our Reservation Program
- Individualized plan of care for the patient’s specific needs
- On-site case management
Easy Referral, Admission and Discharge
We offer streamlined processes for referral, admission and discharge home. This enables patients to quickly receive the care they need after they leave the hospital and get home faster once they are better. We also feature progressive care planning and education designed to help prepare patients for care at home or transition to a less complex care setting as quickly as their needs allow.